Thursday, February 6, 2020

February 6, 2020

I heard from many people who enjoyed last week's post about Kindergarten and Mrs. Elmore. Thanks for all your comments, and thanks for reading my TBT Blog. 

Things got real after Kindergarten. In First Grade we had to go to school for a full day and the Raymond kids were bused to Harvel. This put an end to watching reruns of My Favorite Martian at noon everyday, and a stop to my days of enjoying a hamburger and Bubble Up at lunch with Dad at Loretta Lessman's Cafe while Mom watched the store. It occurs to me as I'm writing this that my older siblings probably never even knew that the youngest one got to go out to lunch with Dad back in those days (sorry, not sorry). 

Anyway, next week, I'll be sharing some memories of attending school in Harvel. In the meantime, here's a little article I found in The Raymond News from almost fifty years ago announcing that Terry Mayfield was coming to town.


From The Raymond News - April 16, 1970





3 comments:

  1. I remember when he came to town and took Podshadley’s place, but I forgot he lived in Frazier’s house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when Boss McConathy barbered on the other side of the street and haircuts were 25 cents. Also Elmer Carriker who was scoutmaster to many young boys in the Raymond area. He was really good to his scouts.

    ReplyDelete